Anghiari is a splendid medieval town situated in the territory marked by the Tevere and Arno Rivers. A strong bastion thanks to heavy, 13th century walls, it is a reference point for many historical events where the Tuscan flag was held up high over a borderland which lived in a delicate state of balance. On the 29th of June, 1440, the famous Battle of Anghiari, frescoed by Leonardo Da Vinci in Palazzo Vecchio, re-affirmed Tuscan hegemony over Tuscany.

English